Africa Practice is an Africa-focused strategic advisory firm operating at the nexus of industry and government. We supply insights and advocacy solutions to corporations, investors, governments and foundations in Africa, enabling them to see more clearly, engage with confidence and unlock value to drive sustainable, equitable development.
Guided by our vision – an influential and prosperous Africa, inspiring the world – we empower organisations to deploy capital and execute development programmes at scale.
Our solutions are rooted in a deep appreciation of stakeholders and a conviction that sustainable performance depends on building trust, respecting the environment, solving social problems and creating opportunity.
You will play an integral role in supporting the Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs (PPRA) practice working closely with other team members at all levels. You will be exposed to complex public policy consulting projects, hone your aptitude in delivering fast-paced, accurate and high quality research, and gain experience in developing an incisive and impactful advisory skills-set in regulatory and policy affairs across a wide set of economic sectors.
You will work in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, with constant opportunity for learning, self-improvement and feedback.
You will also be exposed to our Intelligence and Communications practices, allowing you an opportunity to gain experience in our political and business risk, and advocacy projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and analyse news and social media coverage on key issues and themes relevant to our clients across Africa;
- Monitor regulatory and policy developments on key issues and themes relevant to our clients across Africa;
- Track institutional processes such as parliamentary sessions and regulatory bodies;
- Develop high quality briefing notes on political, regulatory and policy developments;
- Provide research and writing support on regular client deliverables;
- Support with virtual event preparation and planning;
- Monitor political and economic developments across Africa;
- Support client accounts and business development and marketing activities as directed.
- Minimum 2 years experience in research, legal or consulting background
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good grasp of current political, regulatory and economic matters
- Keen interest in current affairs and curiosity about commercial developments in Africa
- Interest in policy and legislative developments and risk advisory
Do you want to join a dynamic, purpose-driven and ambitious company? Please send us your CV together with a cover letter explaining why you think you are suited to this position. Please specify your availability and send the application with the reference ‘Analyst’ to [email protected]
Vacancy is immediately open for suitable applications and will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Early applications are advised.