Senior Consultant/Associate Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeriaread more
Job Title: Senior Consultant/Associate Director
Line Manager: Regional Director, West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Full time – 2 years
africapractice is an Africa focused strategic advisory firm, operating at the intersection of industry and government. We combine insights and advocacy, enabling our clients to navigate complex stakeholder ecosystems and lead with confidence.
We believe sustainable performance depends on managing political and policy risk, doing no harm, building trust and delivering meaningful social and economic impact. Over the past 15 years we have advised some of the largest institutions and investors in Africa and delivered assignments in over 45 countries, building deep sector knowledge in the process.
africapractice West Africa (APR&B) is one of four hub offices within the africapractice group. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to play a leadership role in our Nigeria team, leading our advocacy team, with a specific focus on the digital economy. This is for an initial fixed term 2 year role.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can take ownership of our advocacy work, who combines technical, policy and regulatory knowledge in the Digital Economy and Digital Financial Services sector with strategy development and exceptional stakeholder management skills. Experience of designing and directing large scale advocacy campaigns is also desirable.
The role will assume the following five key areas of responsibility:
- Oversee and deliver a detailed research project to assess global examples of effective advocacy programmes in the relevant sector.
Project and team management
- Act as the team manager overseeing all aspects of relevant project delivery.
Strategy and Planning
- Developing and implementing advocacy and engagement strategies to deliver on client objectives
- Providing clients with strategic advice to guide the evolution of strategy and engagement as the project evolves.
Technical advisory and leadership on advocacy
- Providing technical advisory and input into client’s positioning, messaging, and advocacy strategy to ensure it accurately and effectively represents their project objectives.
Network and team management
- Utilising strong interpersonal skills and subject knowledge, the successful candidate will act as the relationship manager for a broad range of stakeholders.
- The candidate will also manage a support team of africapractice consultants and associate consultants, working closely with the regional client service team to ensure optimal delivery.
- The candidate will be required to co-ordinate all project reporting, both internally within the network and externally with clients.
- Managing project budgets
- Ensuring profitability of accounts with a per capita revenue/staff utilization rate
- More than 8 years’ experience in advocacy or similar advisory roles in Africa, with a proven track record of project management, devising strategies and organisational development.
- Financial services and/or financial inclusion specific experience and knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Strong consulting background, disciplined analytical thinking and effective management style.
- Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communications skills.
- Capability to build and manage complex and sensitive stakeholder relationships (including government relations) and provide senior counsel to clients.
- Masters or MBA degree from a respected institution.
If Interested please click the ‘Apply’ button.