LOCATION: Abuja or Lagos, Nigeria (preference for Abuja)
Africa Practice is a strategic advisory firm operating at the nexus of industry and government in Africa. We supply insights and advocacy solutions to corporations, investors, governments and foundations in Africa, enabling them to see more clearly, engage with confidence and unlock value to drive sustainable, equitable development.
Guided by our vision – an influential and prosperous Africa, inspiring the world – we empower organisations to deploy capital and execute development programmes at scale.
Our solutions are rooted in a deep appreciation of stakeholders and a conviction that sustainable performance depends on building trust, respecting the environment, solving social problems and creating opportunity.
In an increasingly complex stakeholder, policy and regulatory environment that is evolving in line with changing political priorities and adapting to suit the ‘new normal,’ stakeholder engagement is increasingly important to business success. The consultant will understand policy and regulatory development and enforcement processes, and the interests of the stakeholders involved, in order to guide clients to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes that deliver shared advantage.
- Track political and economic developments of relevance to the policy and regulatory environment.
- Understand complex policy and regulatory issues across a range of sectors, and the associated stakeholder environment.
- Source information and insights from a broad range of contacts, including but not limited to the media, industry groups, private and public companies, civil society groups, policy makers and regulators.
- Effectively maintain relationships with relevant regulators, government departments and agencies, community organisations and relevant sector stakeholders.
- Think innovatively about the tools and tactics required to achieve engagement outcomes, and understand and be able to oversee the full range of engagement approaches that might be required.
- Provide stakeholder engagement guidance to clients based on strong owned insights and personal expertise/experience.
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients as they may be making commercially-sensitive decisions, based in part on your advice, and will therefore need to trust your judgement and discretion
- Manage multiple issues, across multiple sectors, simultaneously.
- Strong written reporting, project management and presentation skills.
- Identify leads & develop proposals for potential clients across a range of sectors.
- Design and deliver marketing and thought leadership initiatives to generate new business leads and build Africa Practice’s profile and reputation amongst core target audiences
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
5 years of relevant experience
English (French is an added advantage)
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria
- Ability to travel freely within ECOWAS is a strategic advantage
- A strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, politics, policy issues and current affairs
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment.
- Excellent research and communication (written and oral) skills
- Sound reasoning and critical thinking
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information in a concise manner while extracting pertinent insights
- The ability to assimilate, analyse and summarise written material quickly
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver high quality work with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Do you want to join a dynamic, purpose-driven and ambitious company? Please send us your CV together with a cover letter explaining why you think you are suited to this position. Please specify your availability and send the application with the reference ‘C- SRM’’ to Oyetola Adesanmi, the HR & Office Manager at [email protected] .
Vacancy is immediately open for suitable applications and will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Early applications are advised.