Position: Intern, Strategic Communications
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Period: 3 months (with potential for renewal, not guaranteed)
Start Date: TBC
Type of Contract: Full-time, paid internship
Africa Practice is an Africa-focused advisory firm operating at the nexus of government and industry. We specialize in political risk advisory, public affairs, and strategic communications. We advise industry and governments, helping them to identify opportunities, manage risk and overcome critical communications challenges.
Our clients are among the largest institutions, companies, and investors on the African continent. We help them to manage complex relationships with demanding and critical audiences including regulators, media, capital markets, customers, and suppliers. We support them to enter new markets, engage in policy and regulation, launch new services, acquire or restructure, raise capital or simply raise awareness and understanding. Our clients have one thing in common – they all operate in competitive environments where the opportunities are great, but the margin for error is small. and where the opportunities are great.
We are seeking to recruit a full-time paid intern to join our vibrant team in Dar es Salaam, one of Africa Practice’s five hubs across the continent.
Tasks and Responsibilities
● Monitor and analyze media coverage and stakeholder sentiment on key issues and themes relevant to our clients across East Africa
● Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy and advising clients based on this by identifying negative online sentiments, threats, and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the client.
● Graphic designing skills, for creating Social media posts as well as internal communication for our clients
● Writing articles and thought pieces for client brand positioning.
● Assist in the production of key strategic client documents
● Assist in organizing and managing events as well as developing digital media plans
● Working closely with the communications team to develop digital and social media campaigns for clients
● Support with client accounts and business development activities as directed
● Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Media or Public Relations or any other related field
● Professionally fluent written and spoken English and French / would be considered an added advantage
● Excellent writing skills
● Graphic designing skills
● Excellent communications and digital skills, with a creative approach
● Good grasp of current political and economic matters across East Africa
● Interest in media relations and risk advisory
● Familiarity with social media and digital marketing concepts is highly desirable
● Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
● Computer proficiency spanning the entire Office and Google Docs suite, as well as graphic design tools
● Good interpersonal skills
If you do meet the above requirements and are keen to join a dynamic fast-paced organization, please send us your CV together with a cover letter and send the application to [email protected] with the reference “Intern – Strategic Communications”